Many business owners are in need of a new roof due to the effects of weather damage or age. A free inspection can give you an idea of the necessary repairs and save you money in the long run.
Business owners should be proactive in maintaining their roofs, including scheduling regular inspections by a professional. By doing so, they can catch small problems before they become big ones, and keep their commercial building in optimal condition.
What to Look for During a Roof Inspection
During the hot summer months, many commercial building owners choose to inspect their roofs. When it comes time for your annual roof inspection, it is important to be aware of what to look for. By being familiar with potential problems, you can be better prepared to address them if they arise. Here are a few things to look for during a roof inspection:
- Are there any missing or damaged shingles?
- Are there any signs of water infiltration?
- Is the roof deck in good condition?
- Are there any signs of buckling or warping?
- Do the eaves and gutters appear to be in good condition?
- Are there any obstructions that need to be cleared away?
Signs You May Need a New Roof
There are many signs that can indicate you need a new roof. If you’re experiencing any of the following, it might be time to call a professional for a consultation:
- Your roof is over 20 years old. Roofs usually have a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If your roof is older than this, it might be time for a replacement.
- You have water spots on your ceilings or walls. This could be a sign that your roof is leaking and needs to be fixed immediately.
- Your roof is missing shingles or tiles. If you notice that shingles or tiles are missing from your roof, it’s likely that rain and other elements are getting into your commercial buildings and causing damage.
- Your roof has excessive algae growth.
How to Get a Free Roof Inspection
- Contact a few companies in your area and ask for a free inspection.
- Schedule the inspection for a time when the roof is dry and there is no snow or ice on the roof.
- Be prepared to provide information, such as the age of the roof and its materials.
- The inspector will examine the roof for damage and wear and will provide a report with recommendations for repairs or replacement.
- If you decide to hire the company that performed the inspection, be sure to get written estimates from at least two other companies before making a decision.
Get a Roof Inspection Today
A damaged roof can lead to expensive repairs down the line, so it’s important to be proactive and schedule regular inspections. A professional inspection can help identify any potential problems with your roof and help you take the necessary steps to repair them. Click here to get a free inspection today from HP Roofing.